Thursday, June 6, 2013

Regrowing Green Onions

I read somewhere around Pinterest once upon a time that if you cut off the tops of green onions but save the bulbs and place them in water, the green onions will regrow. Since I had to buy green onions for the Mexican Chicken Stuffed Shells recipe, I decided to give it a try.

And the results about a week and a half later confirm that this does indeed work!


Not all of the green onions regrew well, but many did. And I should probably chop these off again now, but I wante to show the amount of growth that quickly occurs with these onions. And it requires nothing more than the bottoms of green onions with the roots, water, and a cup!


Can you see the short stems in the front? That's where all of these bulbs started a week and a half ago! Such a simple way to save a little money if you enjoy green onions!

No comments:

Post a Comment