Friday, June 7, 2013

Cheesy Broccoli Quinoa

Another new favorite I've found is Cheesy Broccoli Quinoa. It's very similar to one of my favorite side dishes, broccoli rice au gratin by Uncle Ben's. I had recently bought some quinoa to try for the first time, and this seemed like the perfect recipe to test it out. 

I was very pleasantly surprised by how this recipe turned out. I made a few adjustments to my version of the recipe to add some extra nutrition and flavor. My quinoa didn't turn out nearly as yellow as the picture above, but it was certainly delicious. 

This recipe makes approximately four servings.

Ingredients:

1 cup of quinoa (I used Mediterranean flavored.. delicious!)
1 1/2 cups of water (for cooking)
2 cups of broccoli, well chopped
1 cup of cauliflower, well chopped
1 cup of cheddar or Mexican cheese
Salt and pepper as needed

Recipe:

Bring the quinoa, broccoli, cauliflower, and water to a boil over medium heat.
Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer about 15 minutes until the water is absorbed and quinoa is tender.
Mix in the cheese until well melted and season as needed.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment